Why did you object to this parking plan?

People have asked me why I have objected to the parking plan, and why I proceeded to file a referendum to refer the ordinance to the voters.

I saw the city council was not listening to the citizens of Corvallis.  It didn't matter how many meeting we attended.  The city council was set on enacting some new parking ordinance.

What really convinced me of this was attending the February 2014 Urban Services Committee meeting where my neighbors throughout the community showed up in mass to speak out against the ordinance.  At first it appeared the committee members/city councilors were going to listen, but then they ignored all the testimony and pushed the ordinance along.

Because of the council's disregard for the public, I decide to file the referendum.  We were able to get almost 3000 signatures in 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment